Fully Remote Application Developer – Online Switch (C++, Lua, Ruby, SQL, PL/SQL)
Our client offers secure payment services, payments software and managed services to clients in over 35 countries. The company upholds the highest industry standards and their in house designed payments solution is a software of choice by many of the world’s leading and most innovative banks and financial institutions.
Reporting to the Senior Software Development Manager, within the Technical Unit, the Application Developer – Online Switch will be developing and maintaining first class solutions for Tier 1 financial institutions around the world.
- Participating in the entire application life cycle whilst focusing on coding and debugging;
- Building and performing unit tests;
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use;
- Clearly documenting solutions for all stakeholders;
- Optimizing of applications for maximum performance and scalability;
- Collaborating with other team members to establish objectives and design functional requirements
- A University Degree in IT or related professional qualifications;
- Minimum of 2 years work experience with C++, Lua, Ruby, SQL, PL/SQL;
- Good knowledge of software development life-cycle processes;
- Good knowledge of NoSQL databases, ideally ScyllaDB and/or Cassandra;
- Good knowledge of programming practices would be considered an asset;
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment;
- Strong organisational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize across different tasks and meeting deadlines as per business exigencies;
- Strong communication skills in both spoken and written English;
- Interest in learning how the payments industry works and exploring new trends within the industry.
- The selected candidate will be offered training by our internal training academy. Our team of experts will support and work with you to explore your learning potential and career goals.
Please send a detailed CV via email to email@example.com stating the job title in the subject header. All applications will be treated in strict confidence.