This company offers secure payment services, payments software and managed services to clients in over 35 countries. The company upholds the highest industry standards and the client's in house designed payments solution is a software of choice by many of the world’s leading and most innovative banks and financial institutions.
Reporting to the Head of Technical Services, within the DBA Team, the Junior Oracle Database Administrator will be managing oracle database configurations. S/he will be ensuring that all in-house customer database staging systems are updated whilst also keeping up-to-date with the latest releases and related features.
- Managing Oracle database configurations including installation, testing, maintenance and upgrades on premise, AWS and Azure deployments;
- Learning how to optimize the databases’ performance that supports the company’s applications;
- Writing scripts to automate day-to-day tasks;
- Ensuring that all in-house staging systems are kept up-to-date using popular import and export techniques;
- Planning and executing regular database backups in accordance with the organisation’s disaster recovery plans and implementing recovery procedures when necessary;
- Assisting in proactively monitor and patch the production database systems to ensure secure services with minimum downtime according to SLAs;
- Installing and testing new versions of database products and keeping up-to-date with the latest releases and related features;
- Keeping oneself updated with database security features including encryption and key management techniques, in accordance with the Payment Card Industry standards;
- Assisting during database benchmark, stress and performance exercises; and,
- Contributing in the research and planning of scalable database systems.
- A University degree in computing and / or an Oracle certified certification;
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in Oracle Database Administration;
- Familiar with the use of tools that enable the selective access to information held within a database (e.g. SQL);
- Experience in the installation and administration of database installations on Unix/Linux and also Microsoft Windows environments;
- Able to perform under pressure and potentially contribute to the team’s 24/7 on-call service;
- Possess good communication skills and fluency in written and spoken English;
- Strong organisational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritise across different tasks and meet deadlines as per business objectives;
- Candidates who possess experience in Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure certification are encouraged to apply.
The selected candidate will be offered training by our internal training academy. Our team of experts will support and work with you to explore your learning potential and career goals.
Please send a detailed CV via email to email@example.com stating the job title in the subject header. All applications will be treated in strict confidence.