PHP Engineer - Mid-Senior Work in Malta/ or Fully Remote
You’ll work closely with other tech team members and you will be actively involved in managing applications or even whole software projects. You won’t mind getting stuck in and being hands-on when it comes to learning new methods and developing new features as well as reworking existing code.
If you share our vision of helping users make the best informed decisions, would like to grow your professional skill set, and want to work with our incredible team of Rocketeers, then we’d love to hear from you.
Your key tasks:
• Design and develop scalable, maintainable, reliable and fast performing web applications
• Write PHP code infrastructure and help on architecture that is built for scaling fast
• Be responsible for product quality by optimising, refactoring and re-implementing applications
• Work on a Backend/Back-Office of a Laravel-based Headless CMS
• Using MySQL as database and Redis as caching and queueing system
• Help track requests, issues, work progress, and any other changes using project management tools
• Troubleshoot development issues and provide solutions
• Document technical and functional specifications
• Ensure software development best practices and timeliness of product delivery
• Discuss and develop new features and improvements of existing projects with other teams
• Support the team with code reviews, workflow improvements and keeping deadlines
• 5+ years of proven work experience as a PHP Engineer in Object Orientation, building libraries, packages, utilizing the power of abstraction and composition
• Hands-on experience in building Laravel and/or Symfony apps (or any industry-standard PHP MVC framework) is a must
• Working experience in building RESTful APIs
• Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
• Advanced knowledge of code versioning tools such as Git, and best practices
• Experience working with debugging tools and maintaining technical debt
• Have up to date knowledge of new guidelines and methodologies on high scalability
• Working experience in building GraphQL APIs
• Knowledge of VueJS
• Experience with Unit Testing and/or TDD
• Experience with Headless CMS development
• Good understanding on Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
• Experience/knowledge with DevOps (CI/CD, Docker)
• Remote working
• Unlimited Paid Vacation Leave
• Educational Mondays and other Educational Initiatives
• Working with and learning from some of the top brains in our industry.
• Performance Individual and Company Bonus
• Flexible working hours - we care about the outcome, not when you achieve it.
• Being part of a company that truly values its employees.
• Competitive salary based on your experience
• A genuine opportunity to progress and develop further
• Annual company reunion in a tropical place as well as annual team round-up in the location of your team’s choice.
Salary up to 55.000k (experience depending)
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the core of who we are. Our commitment to these values is unwavering. Together, we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities we serve.
Interested? Apply! For more information contact confidentially or email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org