- Posted 06 September 2022
- DisciplineBackend Development
- Contact NameKatarzyna Baran
Data Engineer for Real-Time Data Streaming Platform, Istanbul office
- Vibrant & inviting office community
- Collaboration and innovation is encouraged
- Hybrid or Remote work-model from Istanbul, Turkey
Our client is a global-player in the iGaming industry, with 20 brands included in their company group. Their international structure includes 7 main locations and 500 highly skilled employees. For their office in Istanbul, they look for a experience data engineer who can be involved in the design, development and maintenance of a brand-new real-time data streaming platform for analytical and operational use, that is also reused for streaming data to various internal and external systems. This platform is entirely developed on AWS. You will be working closely with various internal stakeholders making sure their requirements are met. This is a challenging role with huge growth potential as you will be helping to build the backbone where all our real-time data will flow through.
- Hands on design and development of the data platform
- Follow and apply best practices while building the data streaming framework
- Maintain and build robust and performant data pipelines
- Focus on data quality assurance, verification of accuracy and consistency of data
- Maintain and support data streaming processes ensuring regular feeds with minimal intervention
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with the data feeds
- Support, assist, establish and maintain appropriate communication channels with business users in the context of company data assets
- Maintain and promote collaboration with other technical teams responsible for upstream/downstream systems
- Maintain transparent communication within the team / other departments within the company
- Participate in brainstorming meetings to discuss existing issues and new ideas
- Participate in daily / weekly team meetings
- Develop further current skill set both from technological and soft skills perspective
- Experienced data engineer with 5+ years of extensive Data Integration / near-real time streaming solution development
- Excellent command of spoken English
- Strong experience in programming in Scala, Python or Java
- Strong experience in managing and processing large data sets
- Experience in data stream processing such as Spark, Flink, Kafka or similar is desired
- Experience with AWS or GPC cloud platform Big Data streaming solutions is desired
- Experience with columnar databases such as Amazon Redshift, GCP Big Query or similar is desired
- Ability to obtain, analyze and synthesize information from multiple sources
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment whilst interacting with a variety of different disciplines
- Proven ability to prioritize and deal with problems systematically and provide clear communications regarding the issues, resolution times and solutions
- Keen attention to detail and data quality
- Hold an academic degree in a quantitative discipline such as statistics, computer science or mathematics
- Experience within the iGaming industry
- Experience in SQL query writing and optimization
- Experience in business analysis and requirements gathering
- Experience with data warehousing
- A competitive remuneration package including a company bonus scheme.
- Fantastic quarterly team events and weekly company events.
- A one-time bonus to help you set up a comfortable workstation at home (100% Hybrid!).
- Annual Wellbeing Allowance (Claimable after probation).
- A comprehensive, International private Health Insurance.
- Breakfast at the office on Mondays and Tuesdays & lunch on Wednesdays.
2500-3000 EUR Net / Month, depending on experience
For more job opportunities see: www.itjobsworldwide.com