- Posted 31 August 2023
- Contact NameDiāna Beļska
Head of Legal and Compliance for Forex industry leaders in Larnaca, Cyprus
Our client is a reputable and pioneering forex company that specializes in creating exceptional and impactful experiences for its platform users.
They are now searching for an enthusiastic and committed Head of Legal and Compliance to join their dynamic team.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (e.g., law, business, finance) is required.
- Minimum 10 years’ postgraduate experience in a compliance role, with 5 years in a managerial role within a regulated environment with a group structure.
- Experience within a regulated company, with cross border exposure.
- Strong knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, and industry standards.
- Excellent understanding of compliance frameworks and risk management practices.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to influence and collaborate with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Detail-oriented with a high degree of integrity and ethical conduct.
- Holder of Advanced CySEC Certificates of Professional Competence.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Greek and English.
- Establish and maintain policies, procedures, and controls to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Manage the compliance function on a group level by handling various jurisdictions simultaneously.
- Design and implement compliance training programs for employees to enhance their understanding of compliance obligations.
- Supervises the appropriateness, effectiveness and adequacy of the policy, practices, measures, procedures and control mechanisms applied from AMLCO for the prevention of money laundering and terrorist financing.
- Develop monitoring and auditing processes to detect and prevent compliance violations.
- Identify potential compliance risks and develop strategies to mitigate them.
- Liaise with regulatory bodies and external auditors during compliance inspections and audits.
- Manage compliance-related investigations, including client complaints, allegations of misconduct or violations.
- Monitor changes in laws, regulations, and industry standards that may impact the organization's compliance requirements.
- Assess the impact of regulatory changes and update the compliance program accordingly.
- Oversee and lead a team of compliance professionals to ensure efficient and diligent task execution, consistently meeting all deadlines.
- Develop and implement the organization’s legal strategy, aligning it with the overall business objectives.
- Manage the legal function on a group level by handling various jurisdictions simultaneously.
- Provide legal advice and support to the executive team, board of directors, and other stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and industry standards.
- Identify and assess legal risks faced by the organization.
- Advise on contract negotiations, and other business agreements to minimize legal exposure.
- Review, draft, and negotiate a wide range of contracts and agreements, including vendor contracts, client agreements, employment contracts, and confidentiality agreements.
- Ensure that contracts are legally sound and protect the organization's interests.
- Oversee legal disputes, including managing external counsel, developing litigation strategies, and representing the organization in legal proceedings when necessary.
- Safeguard the organization's intellectual property rights by overseeing the filing and maintenance of patents, trademarks, and copyrights.
- Advise on matters related to corporate structure, governance best practices, and legal compliance.
- Oversee and lead a team of legal advisors to ensure efficient and diligent task execution, consistently meeting all deadlines.
- 22 days of Annual Leave (reaching up to 30 days per year based on years’ service)
- Friday afternoons off in Summer (July & August)
- Birthdays are always a day off!
- Referral Bonus – refer a candidate we would all enjoy to work with!!
- Participation in the Company’s Medical Scheme from day one!
- Participation in the Company’s Group Discount Scheme
- Free Gym Membership (Larnaca)
- Unlimited snacks, fruits and beverages
- Complimentary periodic lunches at the office
- Fun team-building activities & Corporate events
- Lifelong Learning Allowance plus paid Educational Leave