- Posted 08 November 2023
- LocationTa’ Xbiex
- Discipline IT
- Contact NameAaron Kiely
Hybrid Database Engineer for leading iGaming Group in Sunny Malta
- Competitive Salary + Benefits Package - 30-45K (Depending on experience)
- Hybrid Working Model
- Industry Giant within the iGaming World
Are you an ambitious Database Engineer eager to embark on a journey of managing complex database systems within a global technology ecosystem? We are looking for a skilled individual to join an Industry giants’ team in sunny Malta!
The Product Development organization operates on a global scale, with cross-functional teams spanning 6 Tech Hubs located in Malta, Budapest, Stockholm, Tallinn, Kyiv, and Athens. The Product Development is comprised of nearly 600 dedicated professionals and is led by the CTO-CPO. The clients’ talented Area Teams collaborate across geographical boundaries to drive innovation and deliver exceptional technology solutions.
A taster of what you will be involved with
- Working with cutting edge technology enabling their Cloud Journey
- The Database team is responsible for building and managing Database hosting capabilities using Infrastructure as Code for all our platform needs. Databases capabilities span from on-prem servers to cloud servers and DBaaS.
- Building our Database Infrastructure Platforms with the developers and providing guidance and tooling to handle distributed systems.
- Continuously improve, tune and optimise the Database platforms capabilities based on business needs. Analyse, diagnose and solve issues of efficiency performance and scale collaborating cross functional with colleagues from different teams
We are currently seeking individuals who possess strong knowledge and experience in database administration, cloud services, and automation to strengthen our Database Administration team.
You’re good at
- Proficiency in setting up and administering AWS database services, including SQL and NoSQL databases, both as DBaaS and Elastic Compute models.
- Strong expertise in managing PostgreSQL and Microsoft SQL Server databases, including administration, optimization, and high availability configurations.
- Hands-on experience with Infrastructure as Code using tools like Terraform, with a solid understanding of terraform modules and workflows.
- Configuration management expertise using Ansible or Terraform for cloud infrastructure.
- Familiarity with cloud providers, with a preference for AWS, and deep knowledge of cloud provider services such as Aurora, DynamoDB and RDS.
- Proven experience in building scalable and distributed database infrastructure.
- Skill in version control to manage code changes effectively.
- Familiarity with open-source monitoring tools like Prometheus and Grafana.
- Proficiency in scripting languages such as Python, Bash, Powershell, or similar.
- Experience in using and managing Linux distributions.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyze complex technical issues and provide effective solutions promptly.
- Knowledge of best practices in IT operations, including ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library) and DevOps principles.
- Adaptability to changing technologies and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- DB design and manage efficient database schemas, optimize performance, and secure data through user authentication, access control, and encryption.
- Support and implement the backup, recovery, and high availability strategies are crucial for data protection, with configurations for failover and replication.
- DBAs monitor and fine-tune database performance, apply patches and updates, and automate routine tasks through scripting.
- Capacity planning and disaster recovery planning ensure scalability and business continuity.
About the company:
Our client is one of the largest companies within the Global iGaming space and can trace their heritage as far back as the 1960’s. This company is Swedish and publicly listed too with their Operational HQ located on the Mediterranean Island of Malta. They strive to deliver the best customer experience in the industry. As a market leader within iGaming they offer online gaming products across 12+ jurisdictions and 20+ brands. You will be part of a passionate team, which is building an industry leading, scalable, multi-brand platform used by hundreds of thousands of our customers!
What we Offer
Much like riding a roller-coaster, sometimes life at this company can be lightning fast with twists and turns but always FUN! Then again, what else would you expect from a business 75% millennial and 1900 strong, spread across 7 offices! We recognise it may not be for the faint-hearted, but if you’re a go-getter, initiator and always striving to push the boundaries and challenge yourself, then you’ll fit right in.
They offer numerous challenges where your skills will be put to good use! We encourage innovation, independence and celebrate success where you will be part of multi-cultural and diverse company, with people from all over the world.