Hybrid Mid Automation Engineer - Linux in Vienna, Austria
- Posted 26 April 2023
- DisciplineIT Infrastructure
- Contact NameDiāna Beļska
Hybrid Mid Automation Engineer - Linux
Our client is one of the world’s largest Sports Betting and Gaming groups, operating both online and in the retail sector. With offices across five continents and licenses in more than 25 countries, they operate some of the most well-known and iconic brands in the industry with more than 250 years of combined history.
The role in a nutshell:
As Automation Engineer - Linux you will join one of our Engineering Teams responsible for high performance and high available IT Environment. You’ll support given applications in terms of automation, operations, maintenance, deployments. For our complex environment it’s key that our applications in production run smoothly. You’ll need to ensure a fast resolution of incidents. Further, you’ll automate the roll-out of new versions for applications and services.
- Deep understanding of the Linux operating system.
- Hands-on experience managing and deploying Linux based applications.
- Hands-on experience with technologies in our stack:
- NoSQL DBs: Cassandra, Redis, Neo4J, SOLR, MongoDB
- Automation Frameworks: Ansible, RunDeck
- Enterprise Messaging & Supporting Software: Apache Kafka, Confluent Kafka, TIBCO EMS, ZooKeeper
- Monitoring & Alerting Tools: AppDynamics, ELK Stack + Beats, Prometheus & Grafana, SCOM
- CDN / DNS Solutions: Cloudflare, AD DNS, F5 GTM
- Experience with automation & configuration management (Ansible or similar).
- Strong scripting skills (Bash).
- Good application server skills (in at least on of: JBoss, Jetty, Tomcat).
- Basic programming experience in Java or Node.js is a plus.
- Fluent English - written and spoken, German is a plus.
- Self-driven personality who is eager to learn.
What you’ll be doing:
- Support & maintain Java based applications.
- Manage multiple installations of a wide variety of NoSQL databases and messaging middleware.
- Champion observability by maintaining, adapting and improving monitoring and reporting (OpenTelemetry, Prometheus, Grafana, AppDynamics).
- Set-up, optimize and fine tune application environments.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of operating processes (deployment capabilities, GitOps).
- Advise and support product developing teams as well as infrastructure teams on all topics.
- Supports implementation of standards and best practices working closely with the architecture team.
- Improve system performance, application delivery and efficiency through, automation, process refinement, post-mortem reviews, and in-depth configuration analysis.
- Optimization and application fine-tuning alongside software engineers.
- Participate in on-call rotation as 2nd & 3rd line of incident support (additionally compensated on top of base salary!)
Salary: up to 65,000 EUR per year
- Hybrid working – 3 days a week working from home.
- Flexible benefits package - Annual bonus, employee share scheme, health screening, life assurance, matching pension contributions, lunch vouchers, 5 weeks annual leave per year, retail discounts, discounted gym membership, with the ability to tailor your benefits package to suit your needs.
- Development – Both personal and professional development are important to us. Everyone gets 5 paid days to focus on development, along with subscriptions to learning resources like cross knowledge, LinkedIn learning and our own learning room. Monthly Empower Talks from inspirational leaders from outside the industry.
- Onboarding - an experienced team who will help you get settled into your role, and you'll have all the support you need
- Wellbeing – Our clients employee assistance program offers free advice on everything from work advice, relationship advice, legal information, and financial advice. Everyone gets a free subscription to the unmind (mental wellbeing) app. Counselling session are available through EAP.
IT Jobs Worldwide
IT Jobs Worldwide
IT Jobs Worldwide is part of the Worldwiders brands, with more than 60 colleagues all over Europe. We have offices in Oslo, Tallinn, Malaga, Malta, and Lisbon. With over 300 clients in over 30 countries, our recruitment solutions are tailormade and set up to add value that benefits the matchmaking process.