• Great career opportunity.
• Working for an international retailer
• Competitive salary and benefits.
Our client upholds the highest industry standards and our client's in house designed payments solution is a software of choice by many of the world’s leading and most innovative banks and financial institutions. Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, within the Technical Unit, the Systems Engineer will be assisting the Systems Engineer team in the deployment of the various Bankworks components and third-party software. In addition to this, the candidate will be contributing to continuous delivery, automation, pipelining and building technologies. The ideal candidate will be working towards the company's public cloud adoption, namely AWS and Azure ad installing and maintaining dockerized environments as part of the continuous deployment process.
• Installation & configuration of third-party middleware software as well as the company’s own BankWORKS application modules.
• Deployment of code releases on various environments, including production.
• Monitoring of data centres & environments to ensure minimal downtime according to SLAs.
• Designing for continuous deployment and automating routine operational procedures.
• Researching & implementing ways of improving existing processes & workflows.
• Creating and maintaining documentation of procedures & systems.
• Assisting in the adoption of AWS and Azure cloud services.
• Assisting in performance optimization & IT security exercises.
• Contributing to the research and planning of scalable systems
• Knowledge of scripting languages such as Bash.
• Knowledge of cloud computing platforms such as AWS & Azure.
• Experience working with Linux & Microsoft Windows servers.
• Experience using container orchestration software, namely Docker.
• Experience with Continuous Deployment Pipelines, preferably AWS ECS and Kubernetes.
• Knowledge of SQL querying, preferably on Oracle Databases.
• Knowledge of Atlassian Confluence & JIRA.
The selected candidate will be offered training by our internal training academy.
For more information contact confidentially on or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org