.NET Software Development Engineer - work for a global leader in the fintech space! Remote in Malta!
- Use and create alternatives to traditional banking solutions;
- Collaboration, teamwork & innovation;
- Ownership in developing the assigned project;
The company is a global leader in the fintech space. Their mission is to create awesome, instant and secure payment solutions that connect our customers to their customers, anytime, anywhere, wherever money is in motion. Their purpose is to inspire transformative digital change for our customers and communities.
They provide clients and partners with innovative alternatives to traditional banking solutions for reloadable and non-reloadable programs. They are agile, they are innovative. They take a partnership approach, tailor solutions and place a strong focus on operational excellence.
The Challenge/ Responsibilities:
Due to continued commercial growth, the company is recruiting an experienced Software Development Engineer to join the API Software Delivery team in Malta. Reporting to Team Lead and working closely with other Software Engineers this will be a highly developmental role, delivering world class fintech payment solutions to our internal and external clients.
The role will involve working closely with support teams, remote software development teams and quality assurance.
- Member of Software Development team in delivering high-profile payments applications to support PFS strategy and roadmap.
- Ownership in developing assigned project tasks within agreed timelines with quality.
- Strong in software engineering best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, documentation.
- Escalating to Software Team Lead or Head of IT Software Delivery in a timely manner to keep software development delivery on track.
Qualifications and Experience
- 4+ years in Software Development with hands-on experience in the following technologies:
- C#, .NET (including .NET Core)
- SQL, particularly with writing Stored Procedures and Queries using Microsoft SQL Server
- Creating/working with RESTful APIs
- Source Control – e.g. Git, Subversion,
- Experience with the below technologies will be considered as an asset:
- Working with SOAP APIs
- Working with In-memory data structure store – e.g. Redis
- Working with Message Broker – e.g. Rabbit MQ
- Working with Search and Analytics Engine – e.g. Elasticsearch
- Good technical knowledge with a history of solving complex problems.
- Experience working within an Agile environment using the Scrum Framework
- Experience of day to day usage of Jira and Kanban or similar toolset.
- A background in Financial Services is preferred in Payments or Prepaid Cards
Company Culture and Values
The team knocks the boring out of payments and they do it in their own unique way: having a ‘one team’ mentality, being open, honest and trusted, bringing awesome every day, and knowing that simplicity is genius! Their core values are One Team, Openness, Awesomeness and Simplicity. The place is one of collaboration, teamwork & innovation. But, above all, it’s one that embraces difference. And, rather than have you blend in, they want to help you unleash your full potential.
Salary rate can be flexible depending on experience + below benefits:
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Birthday leave
- Volunteer leave
- No dress code
- Professional membership for a year
Please send a detailed CV via email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the job title in the subject header.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence.